We provide a number of solutions to the timber industry through the supply of quality service and reliable compressors and pneumatic automation equipment.
MAC Valves provide a number of solutions for applications in this industry which all lead to an increase in savings and production output. Here are a few of them.
Product: MAC Valve’s 93 Series, 1/2" ports
Double Infeeds are long machines that scan/optimize and position the log prior to the sawing process. The machine has up to (30) hold down rolls in a row, each applying pressure on top of the log to assure it does not move. This benefits the customer as:
- High Flow valving allows for more logs/ shift
- Fast Response times reduces log spacing
- Plug-in style valves reduce maintenance downtime
- 4 way pilots, means more consistent shifting times.
Product: MAC Valve’s 67 series valve close mounted to the cap end of cylinder
High speed and high volume actuate cylinder with constant low pressure in rod end. As piston extends, low pressure in rod end increases, thus retracting the piston when solenoid is de-energised. Special circuits have been developed to increase cylinder speeds, yet still provide effective cushioning. The benefits to the customer are:
- Fast response time (100-200ms typically)
- Fewer components
- Consumes 50% less compressed air
- Less downtime
- No physical shock.
Product: MAC Valve’s modular mounting with Mac 400 Namur
- Opens the bin arms to allow lumber to fall into the correct bin. The benefits to the customer are:
- Fast response time
- Less downtime
- Fewer components.